Aug 27, 2006

The advantage of being an Arab in America

A funny joke express so well the risk of being an Arab in America.
 
An old Arab lived close to New York City for more than 40 years.One day, he decided that he would love to plant potatoes and herbs in his garden,but he knew he was alone and too old and weak. His son was in college in Paris, so the old man sent him an e-mail explaining the problem:"Beloved son, I am very sad, because I can't plant potatoes in my garden.I am sure, if only you were here, that you would help me and dig up the garden for me. I love you, your father."The following day, the old man received a response e-mail from his son:"Beloved father, please don't touch the garden. That is where I have hidden 'the THING.' I love you, too, Ahmed."At 4pm the FBI and the Rangers visited the house of the old man and took the whole garden apart, searching every inch. But they couldn't find anything. Disappointed, they left the house.The next day, the old man received another e-mail from his son:"Beloved father, I hope the garden is dug up by now and you can plant your potatoes. That is all I could do for you from here. Your loving son, Ahmed".
 
Sure it didn't happen,but I'm sure that real stories like it happen daily.(a War aginst terrorism)huh


Note: The joke isn't by me, but I just copied and posted it from another blog.

2 comments:

SNAKE HUNTERS said...

Mohamed!

This is a wonderfully funny fictional story about a clever son
concocting a frightening eMail to his elderly father. A frightened FBI, digging up the old fellows garden, so his father could plant potatoes!

Now, are you ready for a True Story, based on American History?

See my August 25th Comment on your Post, "Shame Innocent Killers" on
August 9th. You should print it, then frame it for your Law Office!

Your friend, reb

www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com

SNAKE HUNTERS said...

Mohamed,

Do you know of a man in the U.S. with the name Omar Ahmed?

He is the head of CAIR, Council of American Islamic Relations.

These are his words: "Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to be DOMINANT.

The Koran should be the highest Authority in America, and Islam the...

only accepted religion on earth."

>>

Enlightening, don't you think? Do you agree with these words? reb
_________________________________
www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com